Monday, August 22, 2011

Slowly Moving Forward...

Well, we had our looooooooooooooong awaited staffing today.  To sum it up we are moving forward and will have our court date this Friday at 8:30 a.m.  As of right now, there is no way of knowing what will happen.  The foster mom, CPS and professionals that have worked with the kids will testify... then the judge will have the final verdict of who the kids will be adopted to.  CPS did talk to me about testifying about my education/background and I am not sure at the moment if I am going to do that. 

We have 2 prayer requests:

1. That the judge will ultimately make the decision that is best for N & R. 

2. Selfishly I hope that this will be a quick verdict.  We were told that it could take up to a week (which means three) to hear the judge's decision or he could make it that day.  Everything that you think would be joyful about this process has been so disheartening.  "You were chosen for the kids, BUT... We are going to have the staffing, BUT... it almost makes the situation feel impossible.  Zach and I have waited so long with one delay after another, I just pray for the peace of a final decision and finally the opportunity to feel joy about our kids.

Thank you for every one's calls, thoughts and prayers!  We are beyond blessed with the support that we have had during this process! 

1 comment: