Saturday, August 6, 2011

Delay #43297429387928758

I received a call from our adoption coordinator last night that our final presentation meeting that we had rescheduled to next Tuesday probably will not happen.  CPS is saying that the kids have to have a wellness check-up before we can even meet for the staffing-- apparently this has been known, but the earliest the foster mom could get an appointment was August 15th-- I am not really sure why we are just now finding this out, but I would drive myself insane trying to figure out everything with this process.  Our coordinator is working to see if we can still have the meeting and then wait to meet the kids until after the doctor's appointment-- if not the earliest we would be able to have the meeting is August 16th.  Either way, school starts in 2 weeks and my concern was that it was just going to be too overwhelming to get new parents, move from their foster home to a new house and start school all within a couple of days.  So I talked to our coordinator and since we are doing straight adoption-- they said it is our choice if we want to start school a week or two late.  I did feel less stressed about all of the delays when I found that out.

So our prayer is that we would completely give God control of when this meeting will happen.  Zach and I talked last night that maybe the kids need more time to prepare for this transition.  Or maybe we do too :)  It is extremely frustrating at this moment, but I know looking back in 6 months I will understand why everything happened when it did.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you both and for your kids. Silas and Mercy have been a testimony to us as to the resilience of kids as well as the incredible progress they can make in a short amount of time. Whatever the timeline looks like, it'll be okay. If you need anything from afar, let me know...the delays are very familiar to us! Also, would you be able to send me your address via facebook or however? Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It continues to be so interesting to see how God is moving. I know He has perfect timing, but I bet you are tired of waiting for it. Peace to you both. God's bigger picture is full of blessings!

    ReplyDelete